Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Midnight Snack

Last night, I dreamed that I found a piece of paper. It was somewhat glossy on one side, and less so on the other, and it had loose folds in it. I started to eat it, and, while having a texture a little lighter than that of paper (it wasn't hard to chew), it also had a sweet and earthy taste, like mashed potatoes with a touch of powdered sugar.

The man next to me noticed what I was doing. It turned out we were at a book signing, and I was eating the dust jacket for the book that this fellow wanted to have signed by some great author. He was quite mad. I apologized profusely for taking bites out of his dust jacket and reassured him that it wasn't that bad, I'd only taken a couple of bites, the dust jacket was mostly there.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll try to get at least one person between us in line at the book signing today.

    ReplyDelete