Wednesday, December 5, 2007

For the Grinch: How to Steal Christmas

If I were the Grinch, and I were to want to bring Christmas to a screeching halt, this is what I would do. Rather than sneaking down each chimney in Whoville to steal all of the presents and the Christmas tree and the roast beast, I would sneak down each chimney and deliver one puppy. Whovillian parents would wind up taking care of the puppy after a couple of weeks, and they would resent whoever gave their child a puppy. Then they would not have Christmas again, to prevent receiving any more puppies. (Alternatively, they would wind up liking puppies, which is okay, but, I would keep delivering more and more puppies each year. One can only handle so many puppies.)

Also, I intend to mail my parents a box with airholes this year for Christmas. (Now I'm talking about real life, not what would happen if I was the Grinch.) Have you ever gotten a package with airholes? If you get an unexpected package with airholes, you think, "Hey, I have a surprise animal that might be venomous, and I might not want to take care of it. Who would send me an animal as a present?" I'm not sure what I should put in the package, though. Any suggestions? Snacks are always good, but something that needs airholes might be even better.

2 comments:

  1. A plant! Preferably a venus flytrap, but any ol' plant will do.

    A crab or lobster would also be good, though if it died it would smell really, really horrible. A hermit crab might be easiest in this regard.

    You could, alternatively, prank someone by putting a bunch of rubber snakes in a box with a live one at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rubber snake, a stuffed animal, and a plastic plant.

    ReplyDelete