- For the Priesthood
- At the Table
- For Repentence
- Before Commencing any Task
- Of Single Persons
- Before a Journey
- For the Sick
- When I Don't Like Jesus
- For a Homeless Person that I Meet on the Street
- When my Computer Crashes
- When Nothing Makes Sense
- When I Get Cut Off in Traffic
- When Someone Needs a Friend, and I Don't Want to be That Person's Friend
- For a Blown Test that I Didn't Study Enough For Because I'm a Slacker
Here's a pretty cool prayer by Philaret, Patriarch of Moscow:
My Lord, I know not what I ought to ask of Thee.
Thou and Thou alone knowest my needs.
Thou lovest me more than I am able to love Thee.
O Father, grant unto me, Thy servant, all which I cannot ask.
For a cross I dare not ask, nor for consolation;
I dare only to stand in Thy presence.
My heart is open to Thee.
Thou seest my needs of which I myself am unaware.
Behold and lift me up!
In Thy presence I stand,
awed and silenced by Thy will and Thy judgments,
into which my mind cannot penetrate.
To Thee I offer myself as a sacrifice.
No other desire is mine but to fulfill Thy will.
Teach me how to pray.
Do Thyself pray within me.